Hello friends!
Today service was again, small. I went to the grocery store with my brother and afterwards I went to return the cart while he finished loading groceries. Remember that today is day #2 of continuous snow fall so the parking lot was quite full of said glorious moisture. In places where cars were frequently driving the snow was packed down, or melted to slush and therefore, manageable to walk and push a cart in. In other places, by the cart return, for example, the snow was NOT packed down, melted, or moved at ALL. As I carefully maneuvered my way over there I noticed that another person had attempted to brave the snow drifts to return their cart... but it only made it part of the way to the return. I thought of joining my cart to theirs and leaving it outside of the cart return. After all, it was really snowy and deep in there! But then I thought about my days as a bagger... er... convenience clerk at a grocery store when I was in high school. How I dreaded cold and rainy/snowy days when I'd have to go out and retrieve carts from the parking lot. Playing hide and seek with the numerous carts that were left strewn about the parking lot was not my favorite game. Mostly because the carts did the hiding (in between other cars and objects in the parking lot) and I did the seeking. So I thought about the "convenience clerk" that would have to trudge out here during their shift to retrieve these carts, and I grabbed the lone cart, pushed mine into it and pushed them into the cart return. Did it take more than 30 seconds? No. But I hope it helped someone on this snowy (beautiful) day!
PS - dear all the people that drive the snowplows, I love you. Love, me.
PPS - dear Kaysville city who funds the snowplows, I love you too. Love, me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment